At Infuze, we love water. There are a few reasons for that. First, it’s a virtually perfect base for a water enhancer. A cold glass of water on a hot day is wonderful, while a cold glass of water that’s fruit flavored on a hot day is perfection itself. Second, water is the base for life itself. Consider that the human brain is made up of 90% water, and our bodies are made up of approximately 70% water.
However, the irony is that, for all of the water that we’re comprised of, we don’t drink nearly enough of it. It matters, because drinking water helps us to lose weight, gives us skin that’s supple and healthy, keeps us alert, active, and alive. But it can be tough to make it happen, but not to worry, because we’re here to help. Read on for a few easy tips to make sure you’re staying properly hydrated.
- First thing, how do you know the right amount of water to drink? The rule of thumb is simple. Drink half of your body weight, in ounces, on a daily basis. For example, if you weigh 160 pounds, cut that in half. You should be drinking 80 ounces of water, which is either 10 cups or 5 bottles at 16 ounces per bottle.
- However, keep in mind that water needs aren’t just based on weight. Kidney functionality, exercise intensity, and the climate you live in are also factors. If you live somewhere hot, such as Arizona, you’ll want to add a few glasses of water to your daily total.
- Let’s say the average person sleeps about 8 hours a night. When you get up, there’s a good chance that this will be the most dehydrated you’ll be during the day. Before you do anything, drink a glass or two of water. It will rehydrate you, and it;s a great way to kick start your metabolism.
- During the workday, get into the habit of drinking every hour. To remind yourself, you can simply set the alarm on your smartphone. When it goes off, take a good drink. There’s a good chance that you’ll either hit your water quota by the end of the day, or come pretty close. If you can do this for 21 days straight, you will have formed an extremely healthy habit.
- To make the habit even easier, pair up drinking water with another activity. After using the bathroom, drink some water. When you walk your dog, drink water. While you’re checking social media, drink water. You get the idea.
We know your next question, and there’s no getting around it. Yes, you’ll have to pee. A lot. But that’s good, and here’s why. In the bathroom, check the color of your urine. If it’s clear and doesn’t have a distinctive smell, you’re in good shape. But if it’s cloudy or a dark color, that’s a telltale sign of dehydration. If you see this, throw down a glass of water as soon as possible. Over time, your body will adjust to the increased liquid intake. Before you know it, you won’t need to use the bathroom quite as often.